Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jane's Batik Spinout Quilt

My fellow Scrap Squad-er -- does that sound right?  Maybe it should be Squad-ist?  Nope that doesn't sound good either.

Okay, so the very talented Jane made her Spinout quilt using all Batiks.  Take a look:

Here is a bit about her quilt:
Jane chose to use batiks in a variety of colors and values for her Spinout. She started sending progress pics right away and had these thoughts to share:

“It really helped me when I was cutting out the spinners that I was using batik because there was no right or wrong side of the fabric. I could cut a stack of six paper piecing hunks by folding the fabric, without worrying that the middle layer was wrong side up.

“If I do a pattern like this again, with batiks, I’ll be more careful watching what color the fabric edges near the seam are. If you look at the spinners made with the outer border fabric, that tie-dye blotchy stuff, you can see that sometimes a yellow blotch piece was sewn to a fuchsia blotch piece, so the spinner doesn’t blend at the seam.


To read more check out Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures Blog!
Cheers,

Dionne

No comments: